Friday, April 9, 2010

It was meant to be




Sadie is a Lhasapoo, which is a Lhasa Apso and a Poodle mix. They are not called muts anymore, they are called "Designer Dogs". We have wanted a dog since our beloved Sammie died, but lets face it, a baby and a puppy is not a good mix. I felt like I might resent a dog that didn't know how to do anything. My heart wasn't into training a dog, I wanted one like Sammie that all ready knew all the rules. Okay mainly just pooping outside we aren't fancy folk. There is something simply irresistible about a puppy, buuuuuut I was trying to be practical for once in my life.

Shaun obsessed with browsing KSL came across our Sadie. Her add had barely been posted and she lived 5 minutes away. I called her then Mama (I'm her Mama now) she said we could come in the morning. Boo and I could hardly contain our excitement. We fell in love with her right away. She was friendly and cute as could be. Her under bite is extremely big, so you can't help yourself but smile when you see her. Her then Mama said we would have to wait to take her so her kids could say goodbye.

I was excited to have a new dog, but also nervous and concerned. Bringing an unknown dog into your home is in a sense like bringing in a stranger. You just don't know what you are going to get. And as sad as it is there are a lot of dogs out there (Izzy my moms naughty naughty dog stories for later dates) that are just plain rotten for pets. The problem is even if I don't like a dog, I'm not just going to get rid of it, I'm stuck with it. So as much as I wanted Sadie to be perfect I was a little scared.

We brought her home and she inspected every inch of our house. She didn't act scared or whine. I was hopeful. We let her out back and she went potty. She slept through the night without any crying. The next morning she rode with us in the car for our morning Pepsi. All day she came with us and followed us around, but wasn't in our face. We soon realized that she sits, lays down, stays, comes, and plays a mean game of fetch. She is so good with the kids especially Crew. He loves to pull her fur, she just sits and lets him. She likes to give him a kiss or two. She is perfect when we take her on walks. She doesn't pull ahead, she stops when you stop, a dream really. We all just love her so much.

I was texting with her old mom, letting her know that her baby was doing good. She let me know how happy she was that her Sadie was in a home that loved her, and had time for her. She was the one that said, it was meant to be. I truly feel like it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment